TimeLog, a Viking Venture portfolio company, acquires AutoPilot. This is the company’s first acquisition and will pave the way for increasing TimeLog’s presence in the industries for architects and engineers
A market leader used by the majority of Danish architects
– AutoPilot is a market leader, and their solution is the de facto standard for architects and engineers in Denmark, says Per Henrik Nielsen, TimeLog’s CEO.
AutoPilot was founded more than 20 years ago by Jørgen Korsgaard. Today, the solution is used by more than half of the Danish architects, and almost just as many engineers.
AutoPilot offers its customers a solution covering time management, resource planning, pipeline, analysis, and business intelligence.
– When I founded AutoPilot more than 20 years ago, the goal was to become the market leader in time tracking and project management for engineers and architects. I’m proud that the mission has succeeded. Today is a new milestone for AutoPilot. The company is strengthened as part of the TimeLog family, says Jørgen Korsgaard, CEO and Founder of AutoPilot.
The strong concepts will be scaled
While the strategy for TimeLog has been to create a broad solution that can be used by all SMBs and Enterprises in the consulting industry, AutoPilot has focused on building a customised solution covering the needs and work processes, especially for engineers and architects.
By combining the two, the goal is to strengthen TimeLog PSA with industry-specific offerings while at the same time scaling AutoPilot’s knowledge and concepts.
TimeLog has customers in more than 15 different countries, and with AutoPilot as part of TimeLog PSA, we can pursue even more industries in Denmark as well as start looking at these industries abroad.
– TimeLog already has a foothold in Europe and the Nordic region. We have proven that we have an organization that can reach far outside Denmark. We look forward to adding even more development power to AutoPilot’s strong industry tools and concepts and reaching an even greater market, says Per-Henrik Nielsen.
– We are excited to see TimeLog making its first acquisition, which strengthens the company’s foothold, says Eivind Bergsmyr, Chairman of Timelog and Partner at Viking Venture. This is an important part of our growth strategy for Timelog.
Shared culture has been crucial
But technology and strategy are not the only reasons behind this decision.
– It has been extremely important for us to find a cultural match. We’ve spent a lot of time figuring out how we can find each other – also after the acquisition is a reality and the news is announced, says Per-Henrik Nielsen.
– I believe that the companies who will win, are the ones that have a strong culture and find common ground, concludes Nielsen.