Humly is taking another big step into the English market by acquiring Simply Supply Ltd. Alongside the company’s first acquisition, Supply Teaching Ltd, this allows Humly to make a difference for more schools in England.
Humly has experienced strong growth in the Swedish market over the past five years. Through its self-developed digital marketplace for supply teachers, Humly helps around 40 local authorities and independent schools with their need for supply teachers.
– By acquiring Simply Supply, we can harness the power of Humly’s digital marketplace in several locations around England, allowing more schools and nurseries to manage their need for temporary and permanent staff efficiently and satisfactorily, says Gustav Bild Tofftin, CEO of Humly.
– We are excited to be working with Humly and I believe the synergies between our two organisations will enable us to greatly enhance our service and to continue to lead the way in education and childcare recruitment, says Matthew Collins, co-founder of Simply Supply.
– This is a great opportunity for our team at Simply Supply to develop further the reputable and quality service we already provide to our customers, and to use our experience and market knowledge to expand the Humly Group into the UK, says Emma Collins, co-founder of Simply Supply.
– We are pleased to see Humly acquiring another strategically important company in the UK and further strengthening its position in the English market. We are happy to have Simply Supply LTD become part of the Humly team and excited to provide Humly’s great solution to more schools in the UK, says Eivind Bergsmyr, Chairman of the Board at Humly and Partner at Viking Venture
– Humly has big aspirations for the UK market and by acquiring more companies, whose values are in line with Humly’s, we give ourselves a great opportunity to ensure that all lessons count, even if ordinary teachers are absent, concludes Gustav Bild Tofftin.
Humly was founded in 2015 and has the privilege of helping over 3,000 schools and preschools with their need for supply staff. Humly’s digital platform allows both the school and the teacher to operate in a modern, user-friendly interface and quickly facilitate flexible work for the supply teacher and a high quality teacher for schools to cover the need that arises when ordinary teachers are absent.
Simply Supply was founded in 2009 when an opportunity was identified where emerging technologies could complement personal service to provide a unique offering by matching the best candidates to both schools and nurseries across Hampshire. Simply Supply has grown organically over the past 12 years to become a leading provider across Hampshire and built an enviable reputation with both clients and candidates.
Viking Venture is the lead investor in Humly. Viking Venture helps B2B software companies scale. The Viking community of over 20 companies offers a unique environment for exchanging knowledge, ideas and experiences.